Monday 12 August 2013

Thank You

I just want to say a HUGE thanks to all my friends/readers out there.....your kind comments yesterday really did help.  Yesterday was a sad day as I did feel defeated....and maybe I shouldn't have done a post....but then I thought about it...and running isn't always a joyous event...there are rough patches.   And we get through them...just like other obstacles in our lives!  I will go forward thinking of the small accomplishments that I do make and how far I have come.

I have this lady to thank for that last statement.  Tonight K reminded me of why I started running...I started running for fun and for the daily goals I set and accomplished.
K ran/walked her first 5k this weekend!
YAY to her first PB!!!
Tonight when we upped our running time to 2 minutes, K was so excited....I remember that feeling like it was yesterday.  I think in my quest to go further, I have forgotten to continue to have fun along the way!

I need to remember to have fun!!!!  Running gives me so many things and if I continue to be smart about my training, I will be able to continue to do something that I love.
 
 
So thank you again for following me and for taking the time to send me your thoughts of encouragement....they really did mean a lot!!!  Remember to smile and have fun while accomplishing your goals!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a good reminder! I'm having similar injury problems, and it can be so discouraging. That's always my motivation to take it easy though - there's no point in forcing my body to do something right now and not be able to run for the many years to come.

    Hope your knee feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and you are so right! Being mindful of the small victories can sometimes get lost in the shuffle of worrying about PR, PB's and the rest of it. I do hope you recover quickly and we will make one heck of a comeback okay?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we do need to remember to have fun! I sometimes forget that ;)

    ReplyDelete