Sunday 1 February 2015

Turning the Big 4-0!!

Well it's happened...I have said goodbye to my 30s...and welcomed my 40s.  When I sit and look back over the last decade....eeek....a decade.... a lot has changed!!
  • I found my 4-legged fur baby!!!

  • I got divorced
  • I've bought 2 houses
  • Gone through 4 jobs
  • Lost loved ones
  • Gained loved ones
  • Discovered running (including doing a 1/2 marathon and completing a sprint triathlon)
  • Started the running group through which I have met some pretty amazing people!!!!  They surprised me yesterday with this painting...taken from my Run-or-Dye finishing picture.

  • and learned not to care as much about what others think (although this is still a lesson in progress).
As I chat with people, they say their 40's have been their best yet.  I guess only time will tell.  I'm already getting the comments about losing memory, eyesight, hearing...lol...it looks like all I'll be doing is losing stuff from here on out!!

So how did I celebrate?  Well I taught at 360Fit of course!!  I see the members so often that they are like my 'fit family' and it only seemed fitting that they help me celebrate!  I arrived early and set up the treats, the banners, and the balloons.  One of my coworkers Pete had made me a sign!!

I made my energy balls, oatmeal raisin cookies (vegan & gluten free), and coconut protein balls.
Then I put the members through the classes.  I had 3 classes to teach and had 2 different games planned.  It's fun to add a little bit of friendly competition to the mix every once in the while.  Throw in some relay races on top of all of it and the members totally forget they are even working out.
Paul was moving so fast that his face got all blurry!
 

After the gym, I hung out at Chapters with J and walked away with this book.  And when I say hung out....I literally mean I sat in the isle in front of the fitness books and combed through almost every one!!  Look out clients!!
I finished the evening with a fantastic supper at J's parents with meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, with coconut cream pie for dessert!  HELLO...heaven!!!

So now I look forward to the next 10 years and the changes that will happen and the adventures I will take.  Thanks for sharing this adventure with me over the last couple of years!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! Your 30s were definitely full of ups and downs; I bet your 40s are your best years yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Welcome to the club! What a great way to celebrate your 40th! Whooooo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great birthday!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 40th! I've been 39 for 4 years now! You celebrated very nicely.

    ReplyDelete