Friday 16 August 2013

Back at It

So I ran last night...just a little over 5k including my mile challenge which I ran at my normal pace...well a little faster than normal.



Allison has told me that I shouldn't slow my pace.  I'm having a hard time buying into this philosophy as I've read so much about negative splits, slowing down the pace on long runs, etc.  She's the professional though, right???  I'm also going to try going to an osteopath.

According to Wikipedia, an osteopath is:  "a philosophy and form of alternative healthcare which emphasizes the interrelationship between structure and function of the body, as well as the body's ability to heal itself. Osteopaths claim to facilitate the healing process, principally by the practice of manual and manipulative therapy".  J says that it will be painful but I'm willing to try anything. 

Today was a little slow at work and I came across this website: http://www.runnersworld.com/injury-treatment/inside-doctors-office-dr-jordan-metzl-it-band-syndrome which not only talks about IT Band syndrome but many other ailments of runners.  It has great information on what causes the injury, how to treat it, and how to prevent it.  I was impressed with the level of detail the doctor gave in every day language.

Because it's Friday, I decided to treat myself to supper.  QUIZNOS!  Yum!!
Honey Garlic on whole wheat, no tomatoes and added cucumber.
Oh...and guess what showed up in my mail on Wednesday.
The powder blue pair are for my mom.  I now have 5
pairs and one pair of sleeves. :-)
I am officially on vacation this week and my goal is to try to run in a few different places.  I have a couple in mind that I've been wanting to try.  Stay tuned for my daily adventures. :-)  I also plan on reading, relaxing, and running.

I'm going on a little road trip on Sunday and can't wait to show you pictures of the reason....oh...the suspense. :-)


1 comment:

  1. I have been to an osteopath and it was helpful. I find it hard to believe keeping the same pace with an injury too? I am curious what her rationale is?

    ReplyDelete