Sunday 10 November 2013

Cross-Training and Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Sunday Runday....kind of!!  Today was a cross-training exercise of sorts.  One of the gals in the running group is also a trainer and scheduled a running/cross training workout for today.  I'm always up for trying new things so I decided to participate.
I hate selfies....LOL

 IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!  We did the following workout:
  • jog 100 paces
  • sprint for 10 paces
  • 10 side jumping lunges (5 each leg)
  • jog 100 paces
  • sprint for 20 paces
  • 10 side jumping lunges, 10 walking front lunges
  • jog 100 paces
  • sprint for 30 paces
  • 10 side jumping lunges, 10 walking front lunges, 10 jump over the fence thingys
  • jog 100 paces
  • sprint for 40 paces
  • 10 side jumping lunges, 10 walking front lunges, 10 jump over the fence thingys, 10 squat jumps
  • jog 100 paces
  • spring for 50 paces
  • 10 side jumping lunges, 10 walking front lunges, 10 jump over the fence thingys, 10 squat jumps, 10 front jump lunges with an added jumping jack
  • And then you work your way back down.
This workout is more aerobic than my normal running pace and my quads were killing me.  I really do recommend this to anyone who would like to add a bit of cardio to their regular routine!!!
I then came home and snacked on my applesauce and Banana Chocolate Chip muffins that I made this morning.  YUMMY!  They are so light and fluffy!!
What a fantastic Sunday....I'm so glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow....it means I don't have to rush around today to get things done.

And a cute pic....well just because...please meet Gemini!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny to see Gemini in your blog! I see her often when I drive by in the morning for work looking out your window. :)

    Feel free to send 'extra' muffins up my way ;)

    ReplyDelete