Friday 21 June 2019

Recap of Michelin Tire Trot 5k

Boy....this wasn't my day.

The weather was beautiful...the scenery gorgeous...but that darn route was tough.
We ran past this view
The first 1km was a decline...I mean...I ran a pace of 4:55 easily.  I also knew from running last year that this meant that the last kilometer would be uphill.  I was running along, and I looked down at my garmin at about 1.75km...and BAM...it was blank!  BLANK despite having charged it the night before.  It was hot and I was having a hard time breathing, and at about 2.5km, I gave up.  That's right...I gave up...mentally not having my garmin working messed with me mentally....BIG TIME!  I walked...not once...not twice...but three times!  I can't even remember the last time I did that.
I did pull it together in time for the camera though.  LOL
Despite a very crappy run, it was so great seeing friends and meeting some folks off Instagram that I usually only see online.
There were so many BLT runners at this race....everywhere you looked, you would see the club's shirt.
 
I think I count 32 of us

Bridgewater is my home town, so after the race, I ventured to a local bakery to bury my sorrows in raison braids.....so good!!
I have no more 'scheduled' races but I'm sure that will change at some point.   Oh...the good news is that when I got home...plugged in my Vivoactive and it does still work.  Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. i read your article,and its informative.
    i always share your blog post links on
    my social media platforms and in different groups.
    i am also writing some realted araticals.
    This blog will surely help fitness freaks.
    Nice post thank you for sharing.
    https://iwillhavethat.com/best-crosfit-wrist-wraps/

    ReplyDelete