Thursday 25 July 2013

Catch Up & Spicy Food

Did I run today?  Nope.  K has had a very busy week at work so we've decided to give this week a rest and we'll start fresh on Monday.  She says she wants to ROCK IT....and she will...but this is a great lesson...sometimes life does get in the way...no big deal. 

So instead, I decided to spend the evening with J's sister who is home from Ottawa.  She has SOOOOO much energy...about 10x the amount I do...and for people who know me in person...that's a lot!!  She cooked supper for her family and friends...SPICY jumbalia!!!!  Yes...that is in exclamation points.  First though, there were appetizers...which also included super spicy meats.  Can you tell that I'm not a fan of spicy foods????
See that salami at the bottom...brought tears to my eyes!

Spicy Jumbolia with sausage, chicken, and shrimp
 Other random thoughts for the evening...as we were sitting on the deck, we kept hearing the deep croaking of a frog...so I snuck up to see this little guy sitting among the plants in the pond...so little but yet a huge voice!!!

Then, I was introduced to these amazing flip flops.  They are SUPER comfy and made out of recycled yoga mats!  I know, right???  I might need to make a trip to Sports Check to see if they still have them.

I`m off on vacation tomorrow and plan on sleeping in.  It calls for rain over the next few days so I`m thinking it will be a movie and reading weekend! 

Have a great Friday!

Do you like spicy food?

What do you do to stay on track when life gets in the way?

4 comments:

  1. Recycled yoga mats?? That's awesome. Let me know how your search goes! Enjoy your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flip flops sound sooo comfy, and much more stylish than Crocs (which I will NEVER own).

    I wish I could have a sleeping-in-movie-watching-book-reading weekend.. but the boy Foxes arrive home tonight or tomorrow, there are cottages to clean and preparation for Red Fox's month-long trip offshore.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not own Crocs either...never will. Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you! What is your long run for this weekend?

      Delete