Saturday 20 September 2014

Starting Over

I stand and look in the mirror...my brows furrow in disappointment.  In less than a month, all my hard work has begun to disappear.  I no longer see my arm definition that I worked so hard develop and I know that my glute/hip muscles have grown weaker.  More than disappointment, I am mad at myself for having given up.  No one knows better than me that fitness is a lifestyle and not something that you do for a while and then give up.
 
So here I am starting over...not right back at square one...but still starting over.  It's time to set a routine and get back at it.  I have learned a few things in the last couple of weeks:
  1. I LOVE chocolate and keeping it out of my diet 100% backfires BIG TIME. I need to allow myself a bit to keep me moving forward.
  2. Planning healthy meals, especially lunch which I usually skip, is my weakest trait.  I read recipes, look on pinterest, and ask friends and I still SUCK!!!
  3. I can motivate others but following my own advice is hard.  I do a lot of "do what I say, not what I do."
All of that ends right now!  As Jillian Michaels would say "If you have a flat tire, you don't slash the other 3".  I am going to get back on track and train like I was.  I am going to continue to train for the 1/2 marathon (I'm in taper mode now) and I'm going to cross that finish line stronger than ever!  I have a plan of attack and that is half the battle.  I do not want to look in the mirror and frown, I want to look in the mirror and say "Hell Yes!"
 
But let this be a lesson to everyone who thinks it's too late to start...It's NEVER to late.  Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh new start to a better you.  All you have to do is make the decision that you want it more than you want to remain the way you are!


4 comments:

  1. I am always amazed how quickly I lose strength after skipping on the gym when life gets busy. My 15lbs felt like 100lb on Monday when I worked out! LOL. You do not need to start over silly. Look how much you've increased your mileage in the past few months!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. The increased mileage is the only thing that has kept me thinking positive and not totally feeling bummed!

      Delete
  2. That quote about giving up is so true. It's what kept me running at least minimum mileage through the months when I wanted to just rest fully. It's so much easier to just keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I think of it often when I am frustrated about my fitness!

      Delete