Sunday 6 October 2013

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

It happened again!!!  Kimmie from Running to her Dreams nominated me for a blogging award.  This reminds me of another reason I do this.  I love encouraging and meeting new people throughout the blogging community.  Thank you so much Kimmie!!!!


This award recognizes attitude and gratitude which I think says a lot.  In our running and in our lives, our attitude either lets us reach our goals or stalls us.  Think positive people!!!!

The rules for the Sisterhood award are simple:
  1. Post the logo on your blog-done
  2. Thank the person who nominated you-done
  3. Choose 10-12 other ladies who blog as your nominees-done
  4. Post the links to the nominees’ blogs and notify them on their blog - I am working on this
Choosing 10-12 other ladies is hard for me as I'm not sure I follow that many blogs.  Here are the ones that have been a positive influence to me over the past few months:

  • Skinny Chic Blog - she has had to start over in a new town and has had such a positive attitude when doing so
  • Girl Goes Running - after her Boston experience, she could have let it derail her training, but instead has come back more positive and powerful than ever.
  • OlivetoRun - she works full time and manages to create positive experiences for all her students.
  • Hit the Ground Running - she has struggled with injuries this summer as well and has managed to keep perspective.
  • Jan.etc - injuries seem to be common among runners this year, and Janet is experiencing her share as well.  Instead of get sidelined, she has taken a new approach with vibrams!
  • Idlehide - Heidi is always present and thankful for the things in her life.

But this also got me thinking....I don't follow any men's blogs!  Do any of my readers have any favorite men's blogs that keep them entertained and inspired????

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Courteney!

    One good man blog to follow is pavementrunner, he was running in the oakland marathon the same day I was so I kept asking him advice about the course and he was great about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for including me! I agree with Heidi, I follow PavementRunner too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome, very well deserved! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Courteney! I also follow PavementRunner :)

    ReplyDelete