Saturday 21 December 2013

I Won! and Mother Nature Sucks!

I won a pair of these babies:

A local running race was giving away free New Balance 880Vs for a person who was nominated as being 'good' throughout the year.  The Tundra Pounders did their magic and nominated me in abundance, allowing me to win.  I was a bit overwhelmed to say the least.  I started the group in the hopes of helping a few people, and in the end, the group has given me more than I could have ever asked for.  I am going Monday to pick them up and meet with the owner of Aerobics First about doing a clinic for the group.

The heel to toe drop on these sneakers are a bit more than I am used to running in, but reviews say they are lightweight and allow for a natural forward motion movement.  Only time will tell.

Today we returned to the usual group runs; intermediate group at 8, beginner at 8:45.  Mother Nature sucks!!!  Today is mild, above zero and rain.  This means that the wonderfully plowed (NOT) streets of the neighbourhood have now become pure skating rinks.  We had to do some major route rework, but we got 5k in this morning...including some hills.  

Tomorrow is a freezing rain warning....just peachy!!!  It is the first day of winter and thus the shortest daylight of the year.  That being said.....the days just start to get longer now!  Yippie!!!

Mom arrives today for 6 days so I've been busy cleaning and getting things ready.  J's sister is also home from Ottawa so there will be lots of festivities over the next few days.

Plank a day starts today.  Another TTP was have trouble getting motivated so I told her that we would do plank a day together.  I hope we can work together to do this for at least 30 days straight.  She reached out to the group to ask for motivating tips.....do you have any I can pass along?  What do you do when you can't seem to get going?????  I look at Pinterest...there are so many great ideas...it makes me want to try everything!

Well I'm off to try and bake a gumdrop cake...my first ever.  Will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. We've certainly had an abrupt entry into winter running her in Nova Scotia :S

    That's very cool that you won sneakers!!!

    ReplyDelete