As I ran today I started thinking about when I started running...in 2010...to impress a boy. That first run, in the dark of the night, scared the heck out of me...to the point of tears. Would I ever be able to learn to love this activity that I used to mock?
|This is what I used to think about running!|
So here it goes....
Over the past six years, you have given me so much to be thankful for and I want to take a moment to thank you.
- Thank you for allowing me to cry out the frustrations I feel on bad days and keeping me sane over the years.
- Thank you for teaching me patience AND discipline.
- Thank you for showing me that I can accomplish goals that I set my mind to.
- Thank you for bringing amazing people into my life that believe in me.
- Thank you for showing me that I am passionate about helping people be healthy...without running, I wouldn't have discovered that I love fitness training and teaching!
- Thank you for the high fives from random runners as you cross finish lines and turn around points.
- Thank you for increasing my wardrobe...but I'm not thanking you for depleting my bank account with said clothes or race entry fees!
- Thank you for showing me that even though it hurts now...one day it will be my warm up.
- Thank you for teaching me more about my body than any high-school biology class could.
There are so many other things that running has done for me over the past years but these are the ones that I think of most. I have been converted from one that mocks runners as I drive by to being that one out running on rainy/snowy days...in the bright clothes! I am really looking forward to what running can teach me in the years to come!! Thank you...thank you...thank you!
What has running done for you?