I've been in a slump this week. I took the week off running as my IT Band was giving me issues. I could have still gone swimming...in fact...I should have gone swimming more...but I didn't! Nope...nothing...all...week....long! Not even blogging...LOL
So what am I going to do about it because it doesn't matter that I'm in a slump...it's how I react to it!! Well I went to google for some inspiration, and here's what I've come up with:
- Acknowledge it...done!! I'm not pretending...I did nothing this week and that sucks!! But it happens to everyone...I am not the first person that has slid into a slump.
- I am going to live in the present...I cannot think of last week and what didn't happen, I have to live in the present and look to the future and make decisions that will benefit me now.
- Reach out to others. Motivating others has the side effect of motivating me.
- Set a goal for the coming week. I am going to run tomorrow and then schedule my workouts and show up at each one!!!
- Watch Spirit of the Marathon or any other running/exercise related program! I love watching the Hawaii Ironman events as they always showcase participants and what they have come through and it is so inspiring!
- Reach out to others for help. I am asking key people in my life for gentle reminders about my weekly goals. Having someone else to be accountable to forces me out the door as I don't want to have to tell them I didn't do it.
And if all that fails....then retail therapy always helps!!!!
|So fun to see Tri training in the description!!|
Tomorrow I am running a 5k for an apparel company that wanted a review of their compression socks. I cannot wait. I received the socks today and pulled them on immediately...super comfy. I am used to wearing the ProCompression socks when running so it will be fun to try a different brand. I will do a review tomorrow after the run. Until then...check these babies out!
|Love the Color!|
Hope you had a great Saturday, and have a fun runday planned for tomorrow!
Tell me what you do when you are in a slump!!!