Friday 27 December 2013

Back to the Familiar

The holidays are over for another year...gosh it goes by quick.  Here are a couple snap shots from my holidays.
 
I am kind of thankful though.  How many of you are ready to go back to a familiar routine?  I know I am!  I need to get back to running with the group plus getting my own runs in.  I need to get back to doing my daily ITB exercises and to some sort of normal eating.

I got a ton of running related 'stuff' for Christmas and then I went out today and bought some more.  Sports Chek had a great sale on...1/2 price running tights.  Look at these funky bad boys!!!
I started my day out by taking down the Christmas Tree.  Yes...you heard right....the tree is packed away for another year.  My living room just isn't big enough to keep it up much longer.  I need my space back!  Then I went out on a 5k run.  For anyone in NS that is contemplating buying Yak Traks for their run/walking needs....go get them.  It looks like we might have a snowy winter and these saved my butt today.  I felt so secure running along the snow covered streets!
Even though I'm not a huge fan of shovelling, last nights snow fall was not overly heavy and I enjoyed the warm temperatures this morning as I shovelled and ran.  The snow has stuck to the trees and looks very pretty.
And look at these two cuties who were outside playing with me.
 
Soooo...this week marks the last week of December and the last couple of days of 2013.  What stands out as important moments in 2013??  I'm still thinking about it...I think I'll pick my top 5 and do a post.  This also leads me to thinking about what I want to do in 2014.  My #1 item is to stay more consistent with my training/nutrition.  I took a selfie of myself this morning (in sports bra only) to use as my benchmark for the rest of the year.  This is going to keep me accountable....I hope!!!!  How do each of you stay accountable to your resolutions???

2 comments:

  1. I took a bunch of snowy tree pics this morning too! lol.

    It's hard to believe 2013 is nearly done. :0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just too pretty not to snap a couple of shots. And I'm not really sure where 2013 went...onto 2014 we go!

      Delete