Friday 5 July 2013

TGIF - It's a hot one!!!!

It's another hot one out there today.  At about 430pm, it was 39 with the humidex, and thus I put off my run until later than usual.  I'm very weary about pushing my run off as I'm not good about figuring out how to eat and then run.  Tonight I ate a light English muffin with peanut butter around 6 and decided to run around 7:30.  Given the heat, I did wear my water belt.  Here is the temp when I got home tonight.  As you can see, Sunday's long run is going to be another scorcher.
I chose to run 2k one way and back, and then 2k the other way and back.  I know it's all mental, but it actually seemed shorter than 8k doing it that way.  All mind tricks!!  I slowed the pace given the heat and felt comfortable for the entire run.
Check out my new nail design.
As soon as I got home, I threw the running gear in the laundry so that I hang everything on the line tomorrow.  In preparation for the warm, humid weather this weekend, I dug out my pool and got it all ready to dive in.  I even bought some new swim gear to go along with it.  Check it out!
You laugh....but on a hot day, I can sit in that pool, read a book, have a drink at my side....it's very relaxing.  The mask was a gag joke for my friends at work.  LOL

And what better way to finish off a hot Friday, then with a cold fruit smoothie.
  Stay cool this weekend!  I'll be relaxing in the pool!!

1 comment:

  1. Your smoothie looks delish! I did not see the snorkel today???? Lol. Thanks for hosting our pool party!

    ReplyDelete