Friday 19 February 2016

RACE - a Movie Review

I'm a sucker for an inspirational movie so when Michelle over at Maritime Race Weekend said she had advance tickets for the movie 'RACE'....I was all over it!
Heather (GirlGoesRunning) and I travelled to the theatre together and met up with Michelle to get our RACE toques.

The theatre was jam packed which was really nice to see.  If you haven't heard or seen any trailers for this movie, Rotten Tomatoes describes it as this. "Race is based on the incredible true story of Jesse Owens, the legendary athletic superstar whose quest to become the greatest track and field athlete in history thrusts him onto the world stage of the 1936 Olympics, where he faces off against Adolf Hitler's vision of Aryan supremacy. Race is an enthralling film about courage, determination, tolerance, and friendship, and an inspiring drama about one man's fight to become an Olympic legend."
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a big political or history type of person...and yes...sometimes that is a huge fault of mine.  I was looking for the inspirational type of movie that I thought this would be and I didn't think they dove into it quite enough.  Again...this could be my lack of political or historical knowledge talking.  Jesse was a 'natural' runner and the movie kept the running pieces minimal I found...I guess maybe that disappointed me.  For me to 'love' a movie, it has to have evoked tears or feelings of elation...like 'Remember the Titans' or 'We are Marshall'...they had me going 'hell ya' at the end.
 
After the movie was over, there was a person at the door taking people's reactions....everyone that came out seemed to really enjoy or 'love it'.  Would they have told them different if they hadn't...I'm not sure....but it definitely seems I was in the minority as I would have only given it 3 stars.  Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 60% rating.
 
Sorry Stephen Hawkins...but it was a rental for me.


2 comments:

  1. I have to say I really enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Thanks for sharing Girl fitness clothes and tips it's looking so nice if you have time please check my gym gear clothing page and leave comments.

    ReplyDelete