You say you don't have time to exercise and I'm calling BS! I say you don't have time not to exercise! We all have busy schedules and find time for the 'important' things in our lives. It's time to realize that our health is important right now, and not when we are sitting across from the doctor who is delivering bad news.
I can hear you grumbling your excuses; 'but my job, my children, my house...'. I've heard them all...heck...I've used some of them myself but it's time to stop making excuses! I'm here to give you 10 easy ways to fit exercise/healthy choices into every day!
- Park further away from the entrance of the mall or grocery store. Those extra steps will add up! Not to mention what carrying those heavy packages will do for your biceps!
- Drive past the mailbox on the way home, park the car, and then walk back to pick up the mail.
- While watching TV, complete situps, squats, pushups, or burpees during the commercial breaks. You can get the kids doing this during their programming too.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator. I guarantee your quads will be screaming at you but your heart will thank you.
- Switch out 'enriched white' for 'whole grain' in your diet. Change your bread, pasta, etc.
- Download a pedometer app to your phone. Challenge yourself to 10,000 steps per day. They add up very quickly and before you know it...BAM...you've walked 10k.
- Decrease the amount of sugar you take in your coffee or tea. Even 1/2 teaspoon less makes a difference.
- Reward yourself. If you go one week without chocolate or junk food...treat yourself to frozen yogurt. A cheat night is actually a good idea to help you stay on track the rest of the week!
- Drink your water! I am not good at this one myself but it's an easy and healthy change you can make. Even just substitute one pop or juice for a glass of water instead. Start small...you'll get there.
- And finally....turn off the electronics for one hour per day. Instead, go for a bike ride, walk, or kick the ball around with the children.