Saturday 10 January 2015

First Impressions aren't always Right

Today was the Health & Wellness Optimize Show in Halifax, NS.

I was working at the Sole Sisters 5k Race Booth as I am once again an ambassador for this race.


 Across from our booth was Sore Spots Massage.  If you look closely, you will see that Jamie is massaging with her feet....yes....her feet!  My first impression was 'no way'.  I am a little weary of feet and the thought of a stranger's feet massaging me gave me the heebie geebies. 


However, as I watched for my 3 hour shift, my first impression started to change.  Slowly I became curious as to what it would feel like so as my shift ended, I asked Jamie if I could have a leg massage.  Sure!  So I hopped on the table....and WOW!  As she massaged my calf muscles and feet, I could not tell she wasn't using her hands...I tell you...the pressure and what she could do with her feet was amazing!  And then she did it, she slowly walked up my back and hit all these tight spots...I was done...sign me up!  February 7th, I am booked for a full hour!!!


And wouldn't you know that the Nova Physiotherapy booth was right around the corner from us and so I visited Robbie and Jeff.  Jeff always lectures me on my IT Band stretches and on doing to much (I don't know what he's talking about)! LOL.  My right calf has been tender and tight since my half in October so I asked Dr. Richard to look at it.  Turns out my soleus is tight!  As he ran down the sides I almost let some 'f' bombs slip...ouch!!  The Soleus and the planter fasciitis are connected....go figure.

 So how do I stretch my soleus????

But you have to do the full calf stretch before doing this stretch or it will not be affective!!

Next I was off to the EPIC Canadian booth.  This is the 'Double in a Day' that I did last year and the swim scared the bejesus out of me...which means I have to do it again!!!  I asked what the medal looked like this year....and guess what?  It lights up!  Yup...that's right...it lights up!
Please ignore my lack of fashion sense!
I always come home from the expo with extra tech shirts.  Here is my haul for today!
After a couple of hours, it was time to come home and relax.  How can you fight it when these are your snuggle buddies??

Target has workout gear on sale so I think I'm off to see what I can find. :-)  Like I need any more clothes!!!
 
I'd love to hear if you'd let someone massage you with their feet!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I think I would be a little freaked out allowing a stranger to massage my feet! Sounds like you had a fun day at the expo!

    ReplyDelete